Image resource error in Pavlovia (not a resources/forward slash issue)

URL of experiment: RGCv1 [PsychoPy]
GitHub: Sign in · GitLab

Note: I reduced the experiment to 1 routine to try to reduce errors coming from other parts of the experiment.

I am getting the classic image unknown resource error in Pavlovia (and not locally):

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when setting the image of ImageStim: eg1
  • when getting the value of resource: gazes/wm4-left.png
  • unknown resource

I know the most common issues with this error is because of not using forward slashes on the image paths, or the resources folder not being properly uploaded via Git (via not being in Experiment Settings > Online > Additional Resources. I believe I don’t have any of these 2 issues. I’m also sure that this error is not because I am trying to use the image before it is being uploaded (all components are in the correct order in this routine).

I’m puzzled as to where the issue is, so any insights would be super appreciated!

Ronda

Hi Ronda,

The 2021 versions of PsychoPy don’t work very well if you are exporting your JS to an html folder. I’d recommend recreating your experiment with the export to field (Experiment Settings/Online) blank.

Thanks for the suggestion! I removed html from output path field, and I still got the same error. I noticed in github that my html folder still existed, so I put all the js files and my resources folder in my main experiment folder. However, I was still receiving the same error. What are your thoughts about this? I am truly stuck about what seems to be a very simple thing I’m doing (displaying images).

Note: Can’t edit my original post for some reason. I wanted to add that the main files to look for in my github start with RGCv1 (since it looks like there’s a lot of files in there right now).

By this I mean in a new local folder pushing to a new online repository.

Thank you so much! That did the trick. I ran into further errors in my more complex routines, so I will create a new topic for that. I hope that you can help provide insight on that as well when I write up.