Can't sync my experiment from Pavlovia to the Builder

hi all.
I forked my experiment from

@wakecarter kindly applied the changes I wanted, yet I want the last slide of this SPR to end; so I need to add a key or time this. I tried to do this by searching my forked experiment in the Builder view, to sync the experiment from Pavlovia to PsychoPy but I receive this message:

So yeah. Any ideas?
much appreciated in advance.

Bests,
Zeinab

If you haven’t managed to sync it yet I’d recommend deleting the local and online folders and starting again. There are two methods listed on Searching for experiments on Pavlovia — PsychoPy v2021.1 so try one and then the other.

Hello,

this git-problem can be solved by adding the parameter “–allow-unrelated-histories” to a git pull command in a command line:

git pull origin master –allow-unrelated-histories

Read this first to get an understanding of what you are doing and why this error occurs.

Best wishes Jens

2 Likes

Thanks @JensBoelte . My best guess of what has gone wrong is that @Zeinab_Alipour forked my version of her project and then tried to sync it to the same folder as her original version.

It needs to be synced to a newly created empty folder.

Thank you @JensBoelte. I did read that website and learnt about the problem. But I could solve it by @wakecarter’s comment. I did create a new folder but in the same one that I built the project. Problem solved, thank you both :herb:

Just one quick question @wakecarter,
after applying the changes I wanted, I pressed this button
jnkjshdkah
to sync it to Pavlovia, but I received this error

Am I doing it right? I mean is that sync button the right one to push?

That’s the correct icon but perhaps you’re not logged in. Click on the middle blue globe icon to check.

I checked and:
i assume that I’m logged in. Here’s the last lines of the error I receive:
git config --global user.email “you@example.com
git config --global user.name “Your Name”

to set your account’s default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.

fatal: unable to auto-detect email address (got ‘ASUS@DESKTOP-O4M01KP.(none)’)’

Could it be because of my not registering an SSH code on gitlab?

I don’t know about SSH codes but it seems from this thread that deleting everything and trying again should work eventually. And other thoughts @apitiot ?

Hello,

can login to your gitlab-account using your password and user-name?

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

what do you get when you issue the command
git config --local -l
in a command line in your experiment directory?

There should be an entry user.email with your email-address (check it for typos). You can set this with
git config --global user.email "you@example.com"

There should also be an entry user.name with your gitllab-username (check it for typos). You can set this with
git config --global user.name "github_username"

If both commands don’t work, use --replace-all instead of --global. In any case, you need to know your gitlab-username and your gitlab-emailaddress.

You find some explanation when searching the internet with the search term “git fatal: unable to auto-detect email address”

Best wishes Jens

Hi @wakecarter. I read the discussion thread and I did the same thing. Apparently, for her two time was the charm. She deleted the whole thing twice; first time, no luck, second time, voila!
I did the same thing more than two times, deleted the synced folder overall; searched it again, synced and saved it again, applied the changes I wanted to, and the final syncing to Pavlovia. Actually, I did receive a new message this time:
Captured
But then after choosing the folder this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1326, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 533, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog
project.commit(commitMsg)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 967, in commit
self.repo.git.commit(’-m’, message)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 548, in
return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe commit -m timed the last slide
stderr: ’
*** Please tell me who you are.

Run

git config --global user.email “you@example.com
git config --global user.name “Your Name”

to set your account’s default identity.
Omit --global to set the identity only in this repository.

fatal: unable to auto-detect email address (got ‘ASUS@DESKTOP-O4M01KP.(none)’)’

Best regards,
Zeinab

Hi dear @JensBoelte,
sorry for my belated reply. This page kept crashing the last two days. I’ll send it to you in a private message.

Plus, I don’t do anything in gitlab. I just want to add a key press or insert time like 2 seconds so that it would finish and the data would be saved. I fork the experiment, search it and sync it from Pavlovia to psychopy, apply the changes in PsychoPy, but in the final phase, I can’t sync it back to Pavlovia.

Best regards,

If you create a new experiment (very simple) and sync it then does that work for you?

Like from scratch?
Build it in the builder view, then sync it to Pavlovia?

I think i can do that.

Yes, just a very simple one to check you can sync and run something online

1 Like

Hi. I created this memory recognition task:

But I receive error 403 when running it online. I tried the strategies in the related discussion threads but inactivating the experiment didn’t work. But the one that i forked from your experiment? That does work. so I don’t think running it online is the problem here.

Bests,
Zeinab

Something must be wrong with the way you are syncing / using experiments. The one you forked works because it already works.

Are you saving them on a cloud storage drive?

If you want to just get it running then add me as a developer, unprotect the master branch and send me the updated psyexp file.

a cloud storage drive? No.

I did. But how can i unprotect the master branch?
here you are:
self-paced-reading.psyexp (29.8 KB)
self-paced-reading_lastrun.py (27.5 KB)

Thank you! :seedling:

To allow Developers to make changes, the Maintainer should go to Settings - Repository - Protected Branches and allow Developers and Maintainers to push and merge.