Can't sync my experiment from Pavlovia to the Builder

Done.

Try it now. Iā€™ve updated your online version

Itā€™s perfectly working. How did you do it? Thank you, thank you very much.
I could not have done it without you.

Just one thing I noticed in the excel file:
Well typically, sentences are 10-12 word long, but

for the ones that are like 17 words long, longer sentences, the RT is registered at the other side of the excel, waaay to the right.
I wonder if you know the reason for that. The reason behind reading times not being recorded at one place togetherā€¦

This is because the columns are created as the experiment goes along. In this case the first sentence had 14 words so times for words over 14 appear to the right. If the first sentence had had 18 words then then would all be in the same place.

I donā€™t normally worry about this now because I use database saving. Try again now. Iā€™ve added a fix for you.

Hi. Thank you :heart_eyes:

Just another thing @wakecarter. I just remembered that i donā€™t have an instruction routine. Is it okay for you that I edit it again and send it to you? so that you could sync it maybe?

ps: I will send a pdf for participants before the experiment, but I think having instructions is actually good for the face value of it.

Best,
Zeinab

Sure but make sure you start from the most up to date psyexp file.

You could also use my study portal for this.

Sure, thank you. your study portal?

1 Like

Dear @wakecarter, hi
I consulted with some friends and they all preferred the central mode of presentation (thank you for designing it), so I finally wrote the instruction.
I was wondering if you could kindly sync this file to Pavlovia. I still have problems for that. And that would be the last thing Iā€™ll be asking you :crossed_fingers:
thank you genuinely in advance.

self-paced-reading.psyexp (33.5 KB)
self-paced-reading_lastrun.py (27.5 KB)

Iā€™ve just synced this and changed a spelling mistake in your Excel files (rub = rob).

Thank you very much Wakefield; for your critical eye and everything :heart_eyes: :herb:

thereā€™s one problem though, the instructionā€™s color is in white, hence illegible.

Done

1 Like

It works perfectly fine. Thank you. I could not have done this without you.
I owe you one.

All the best,
Zeinab