Problem with syncing and uploading experiment to Pavlovia

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:

Hey there. I created an experiment (Version 2021.1.3) that ran without any problems on Pavlovia. I now just changed some instructions (text) and it suddenly won’t sync with Pavlovia. I am under time pressure because I am supposed to start running my experiment online.

Whenever I press the “sync with web project” button it does turn green but I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1326, in onPavloviaSync
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 533, in syncProject
infoStream=syncFrame)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog
project.commit(commitMsg)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 967, in commit
self.repo.git.commit(’-m’, message)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 548, in
return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\MinGit\cmd\git.exe commit -m _
stdout: 'On branch master
Changes not staged for commit:
modified: “B\303\244umchenWechselDich-legacy-browsers.js”
modified: “B\303\244umchenWechselDich.js”
modified: “B\303\244umchenWechselDich.psyexp”
modified: “B\303\244umchenWechselDich_lastrun.py”

no changes added to commit’

Hi! I’ve got a fix that isn’t very elegant, but might offer a quick workaround. Also I recategorized your post under the builder category, so that the right experts are aware of the issue.

Quick fix:

• In your experiment folder, delete the folder named .git (you might need to enable showing hidden files or folders)
  • Sync again. PsychoPy will think this is a new project. Give it a name different from the one you used before
  • Sync issues are (hopefully) fixed
1 Like