Unable to Open PsychoPy on Mac

No matter what I try, I have been unable to run PsychoPy on my Mac (2020 13-inch Intel Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.0). I installed standalone PsychoPy, which initially worked, but after a day it showed me “Launch error” every time I tried to open the program.

I have removed PsychoPy multiple times and reinstalled through the suggested manual installation methods (pip install, brew install, conda, etc.) and still have not been successful. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Python to no avail (currently running on Python 3.9.13). Any ideas on what could be causing this issue?

The only hunch I have is that before PsychoPy started working, I went into preferences and attempted to set the ‘esc’ key as a way to exit out of an experiment. This may have caused some issue with the preferences file. However, I do not know how to rectify it.

Hi There,

When you install psychopy standalone, did you give psychopy permissions access in your system preferences > accessibility?

Thanks,
Becca

Yes, I have given PsychoPy permissions under accessibility and input monitoring. Still no success :frowning:

Could you possibly show us a screenshot of the launch error?

Thanks,
Becca