Stuck on initializing

URL of experiment: Pavlovia

Description of the problem: My experiment won’t progress past initializing. I’ve tried to use the developer tool to find the error, but I couldn’t see a mistake. I’ve looked at similar threads, but I’m a novice in coding, and it’s like reading another language.

Hello,
Your experiment is private therefore we cannot access and troubleshoot the problem.

Chen

Sorry about that. It’s public now.

I have a problem. My experiment runs fine on PsychoPy locally, but it does not run online. It never surpasses the screen “initialising the experiment…”. I do not receive any error message, it just does not run. I am using PsychoPy v2023.2. on MacBook Pro. Could you help me plz?
Thank you in advance,
Sama

There are lots of possible reasons for this, which would be narrowed down by finding the error message.

https://psychopy.org/online/psychoJSCodingDebugging.html

Developer tools says trail_making_v2.js is not found because your JS file is called TMT_V2

I do not have any errors marked. It is just stuck in initializing. How can I inspect the errors? By the way, I do not have any customized codes.

Developer Tools¶
Use Developer Tools (Ctl-Shift-I in Windows/Chrome, Cmd-Opt-J or Cmd-Opt-I in Mac/Chrome, F12 in IE/Edge, Ctrl-Shift-J in Windows/Safari, Ctrl-Opt-J in Mac/Safari) to view errors via the browser console if you aren’t getting sufficient information from PsychoPy. You can also add print(X) (which translates to console.log(X); where X refers to the name of your variable) to check the value of a variable X at a particular poin

Thank you so much for your help. I did what you told me, and I have this message now: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (). I do not know what to do to solve this issue.
Thank you in advance,

Which resource did it fail to load?

I am sorry for this delay. I have attached a screenshot.

I am fairly sure you have the same issue as Emma.

What are the names of the JS files in your repository?

What is the name of the experiment in Experiment Settings?

Here’s a screenshot for them

Also, this is the local name on my device: experiement1.psyexp

In Builder

Experiment Settings

Change the experiment name to experiement1

Resync

You mean like that?
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 3.40.55 PM
I am sorry. This is the first time I have used those programs. I do really appreciate your time.

I noticed something weird. When I piolt my experiment 1 in Povalvia, it runs as “exp2”!!
I tried to do it many times, but it’s the same every time. Do you think this is the reason for my issue?

Thank you again,

Experiment settings — PsychoPy v3.0)%20will%20be%20generated.

Thank you so much for your assistance. It finally ran online. However, I encountered this problem immediately. "WelcomeClock is not defined. I do not use any costumed codes i

n my experiment. I assign Space to proceed. Any clue about what I can do to overcome this?
Best regards,

WelcomeClock sounds like it has been defined in code using WelcomeClock = core.Clock(). Prior to 2024.1 that needs to be manually translated to JS as WelcomeClock= new util.Clock() by switching the code component to Both.

Click on the link to line 1213 in experiment1.js to find out where the line is.