PsychoPy stops responding everytime I sync

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2023.1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?: y
What are you trying to achieve?: syncing experiment

What did you try to make it work?: reinstalling

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
Hello, I recently upgraded to 2023.1.2
I’m not sure if it’s a problem with my local spec or something else, but PsychoPy often crashes (not responding) after syncing. When I try to start it up again, it does not show anything past the title banner and I would have to restart my computer for it to work again.
I found the troubleshooting page (Troubleshooting — PsychoPy v2023.1.2) and while it helps me start PsychoPy, it does not fix the problem where it would stop responding when I try to sync my Experiment.

Worse, my experiment has this error:

• IndexSizeError: Failed to execute ‘getImageData’ on ‘OffscreenCanvasRenderingContext2D’: The source width is 0.

And I’m not sure what causes it because nothing is set to 0. I’m also not sure if my syncs are working. It has gotten worse with the freezing after syncing that I’m not sure if it synced correctly online.

Does anyone know a workaround to this? Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Consider these solutions:

1. Updating PsychoPy to the most recent version.
  2. Moving your local files from cloud storage to your computer, as issues have been reported with syncing in cloud storage.
  3. Deleting the. git folder in your experiment folder.
  4. If all else fails, manually upload your experiment files to Pavlovia via GitLab. However, be aware that this method is a workaround and may affect version control.

Regarding the “Failed to execute ‘getImageData’” error, it might stem from incorrect image file paths, improper image formats, or code issues. This error is likely not causing the PsychoPy crashes.

Hope this helps.