Installation issue under Windows 7

Hi! I just downloaded and installed PsychoPy v3.0 using the standalone version (StandalonePsychoPy3-3.0.2-win32.exe to be exact) under Windows 7 SP 1, but when I try to start it, nothing happens. Literally, nothing happens, no error message, nothing. I thought there might be a conflict with Anaconda, which I already had installed. After a little investigation, I found that my installation of Anaconda is using Python 3.6.7, and PsychoPy is using Python 3.6.5. So I removed all entries for Anaconda from the path (which preceded the path entries for PsychoPy) and tried to start it from the command line (so I could see any error messages), but still nothing happened. Maybe my video card isn’t compatible, but shouldn’t I see some sort of error message at least? Any suggestions?

Since nobody here responded, I posted the issue in the PsychoPy github repository. Somebody came up with the answer. It seems there’s a DLL file installed on some Windows systems (but not all) called ‘libmmd.ddll’ (under the ‘C:\Windows’ directory) that was causing the problem. I just removed it (after saving a copy somewhere) and now PsychoPy is working. If you’re having a similar problem, you might try that. For more info, see https://github.com/psychopy/psychopy/issues/2267

1 Like