File location error- repository empty

I have 4 different experiments I need to run for different lists of stimuli. I was able to make 1 experiment and upload it to Pavlovia. I tried to copy that experiment, rename it, put it in a different folder with the relevant stimuli files, and create a new experiment on Pavlovia but it seems like there’s a problem with my file location. Even if it does sync, the repository is empty and I get a 403 Forbidden error when opening the link. When I sync this new experiment, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\menu.py”, line 129, in onNew
retVal = syncProject(parent=self.parent, project=projEditor.project)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 502, in syncProject
if project.getRepo(forceRefresh=True) is None:
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 755, in getRepo
.format(repr(self.localRoot), repr(gitRoot)))
AttributeError: The requested local path for project
‘C:/Users/shann/OneDrive/Desktop/Ex_List_K’
sits inside another folder, which git will not permit. You might like to set the project local folder to be
‘C:/Users/shann/OneDrive/Desktop’

It says that the folder I am trying to set as the local path for the project sits inside another folder that git won’t permit. Then it suggests I should use my desktop as the project location. 1) The folder I saved it to isn’t inside any other folder - it’s a separate folder on my desktop, just like the set up of the experiment that worked. 2) I can’t set the project location to my desktop because then, of course, the repository would remain empty since there are no stimuli files on my desktop - they’re in the folder.

I’ve tried remaking the folder and transferring stimuli files, but that doesn’t work. Also, I don’t think it can be a ‘master experiment’ issue since I created this second one as a new experiment on Pavlovia.

Does anyone know whats going on here?

I think you’ve got a “git repository” set up on your desktop. Maybe in an earlier version of PsychoPy you opened an experiment on your desktop and tried to sync it with Pavlovia (which will try to sync the entire desktop folder and PsychoPy has learned not to allow that.

Assuming that’s all correct, there will be a folder on your desktop called .git and you’ll need to go and remove that folder and its contents BUT because it begins with a dot windows will be hiding it from you. Open a file explorer window and go to your desktop, then tell it to Show Hidden Files and remove the .git folder