Sync failed - could not find project

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:

Hi everyone! I got an error message when I tried to sync my project.
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 12.29.59 am
When I first tried to upload the experiment on Pavlovia, I name it as “cointask_trainingpseudoneglect”. It was synchronised successfully, but I deleted it later. I tried to re-upload the same project, but every time I got error messages saying “sync failed, project could not be found”.

Below is the Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 594, in getitem
KeyError: ‘path_with_namespace’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1393, in onPavloviaRun
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 596, in getitem
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘attributes’

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello Lousia

how did you delete the project? Did you delete the hidden folder .git and the hidden file .gitignore?

Best wishes Jens

Hi Jens. No, I just deleted the entire experiment on dashboard. I kind of “solved” the issue by copying and pasting every routine to a new experiment.

Hello,

Deleting the project from the Dashboard does not delete the local copy. Information about the project name, which files to synchronise, etc. is stored locally. So the local copy was trying to sync with your online project that you deleted. This cannot work.

Read some information about git to avoid such mistakes in the future. git works differently to cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox etc. It is a distributed version control system.

Best wishes Jens