Error running locally: Failed to upload resources

URL of experiment: Yet to create one

Description of the problem:

PsychoPy Builder (v2022.2.2).

I recently updated my psychopy to v2022.2.2 and I’m trying to run a simple experiment online in the local debugging mode with 1 text element just to try it out.

A new webpage opens for my localhost, but my study doesn’t initialize. Here are the errors in the console:

psychojs-2021.2.3.css:1
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
psychojs-2021.2.3.js:1
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (File not found)
:12002/favicon.ico:1
psychojs-2021.2.3.css:1

This makes sense, because I don’t have any psychojs files in my lib folder that for the 2021.2.3 build. They’re all 2022.2.2 files.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling psychopy (reinstalling also created some errors that had to be ignored).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Best,
-Ryan

You can specify the exact experiment version (2022.2.2) in the experiment settings in the builder. After reexporting the html, the experiment should look for the correct lib files.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the help! I specified the appropriate experiment version and then deleted all the lib files. The experiment, however, is still looking for 2021.2.3 files.

Did you mean something else by reexporting the html?

Thanks again,
-RH

have you tried using : File - > Export HTML

Hi Luke,

Yes, I did do File → Export HTML. I’m still getting the same error.

I’m uploading my files to see if that’ll be of any use. I have reproduced this issue on a different computer.

tester.zip (4.9 MB)

Update: Thanks, Luke! That solution worked, I just needed to clear the cache on my browser/use a guest mode for Chrome.

Best,
-Ryan

1 Like