psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Builder edits do not update on Pavlovia

URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/ollybones/cognitive-load-and-auditory-selective-attention

Description of the problem:

  1. If I create a project in Builder and sync to Pavlovia, and then make edits in Builder and sync with web project, those changes are not reflected in the experiment on Pavlovia.

  2. If I close the project in PsychoPy and the reopen, then sync with web project I get the message “the file doesn’t belong to an existing project”. In Experiment Runner there is a message “1143.3097 WARNING We found a repository at [folder directory] but it doesn’t point to gitlab.pavlovia.org. You could create that as a remote to sync from PsychoPy.”

You should start by creating your experiment in Builder and sync to create your first Pavlovia version. There’s some info in my crib sheet (pinned post) about what to do if this fails.

Thanks for your reply. Yes sorry I meant it fails to update when I create it in Builder and sync to Pavlovica, and then make edits and sync again (edited my post to clarify).

I’ve found your post, I’ll take a look, thanks

ah ok, yes it’s a simple cache issue. :flushed: Thanks!

1 Like

I had several days of frustration before I discovered how to solve the cache issue, and it still sometimes rears its head.

Clearing the cache has updated the project on Pavlovia from when I edited the project in an initial Builder session. However, opening the project in Builder today and making edits and then sync the message ‘this file does not belong to an existing project’ persists.

I guess this is the issue but I’m not sure what it’s telling me to do:

1233.2131 WARNING We found a repository at [directory ] but it doesn’t point to gitlab.pavlovia.org. You could create that as a remote to sync from PsychoPy.

Hello,

I had similar problem in the afternoon when uploading a jspsych project with git to gitlab, the new version wasn’t the one detected by Pavlovia. I think it should be because their update on the server, it seems to be resolve now since it works.
No relation to the subject but, I see the title of your experiment in the link and I’m very insterested of what you are doing but I don’t know how to send private message.