Attempting to measure frame rate of screen

Windows 10:
PsychoPy version 2023.2.3
Standard Standalone? Yes

I am trying to run a simple experiment made from the builder, which works fine on different mac laptops, but will not work on a Windows desktop with a wide-ish HP monitor (window size = 1920, 1080). The n-back task involves the individual presentation of a lot of photographic images (2 blocks of 72 images, plus a training phase of 16 images).

I ahve not tried many solutions because I can’t find many solutions in the Psychopy forums regarding this topic. I’ve tried a couple of different versions of Psychopy but none work.

No error message is shown because I have to ctrl + alt + del the experiment because it freezes and doesn’t automatically close itself. The task starts and says ‘attempting to measure frame rate of screen, please wait …’ and then freezes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Check that the escape key is enabled in Experiment Settings.

You could also try running in a window (not full screen) so you can access the runner and error messages.

Hi,

The problem in the end was that a firewall was blocking the psychopy application file (because it’s a University computer), and the warning panel was popping up I assume because of the full screen setting. So thanks to your suggestion about not running it in full screen I saw the warning panel and was able to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!