Unknown Resource for image present in html/resources folder

URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/hekragness/puppy-in-the-park

Description of the problem:

I get an Unknown Resource error for the image component (whichkidtoshow) in the routine called “memorykid”, which I would like to loop. I assign the variable “displaykid” to have the value of “Stimuli/guess_array[0].png”. From the error message I can see that the variable displaykid is assigned filenames that exist and are present in my html/resources folder in gitlab, but for some reason it can’t find them there(?).

"Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when setting the image of ImageStim: whichkidtoshow
  • when getting the value of resource: Stimuli/new2.png
  • unknown resource "

While trying to debug this I deleted the problematic routine and now:

I’ve never had any luck fixing this error other than starting over from scratch. Any pointers (or moral support) would be very appreciated.

In case it is useful to anyone else: this is somehow fixed, although I can’t honestly say how. I followed the advice here to fix my 403 Forbidden nginx error (How to troubleshoot 403 Forbidden nginx) which essentially amounting to unplugging the experiment and plugging it back in again (haha). Once I did that, I re-generated the routine that was giving me trouble at the top, and it seems to work just fine now. Source of the error is not apparent, but if you find yourself in the same situation, I guess… try the “IT guy” solution?

1 Like