Some participants are not able to take experiment on Pavlovia

Hello!

I am performing an experiment where participants are redirected from Sona to Qualtrics to Pavlovia ([Pavlovia], then Pavlovia again [Pavlovia]) and back to Sona. The experiment worked perfectly for 20 of the 30 participants (redirection links seem to be working).

However, for some reason, 10 participants were unable to take the experiment on Pavlovia. One of them contacted me saying that he gets a message stating that he does not have access to the study - when he is redirected from Qualtrics to Pavlovia. He is properly redirected to Pavlovia, but the experiment does not open for him (no access). Additionally, I have seen that all of those 10 participants took the Qualtrics several times, indicating that they probably tried to access Pavlovia multiple times, without success.

In order to test the experiment, I ran it in three different computers (two macOS and one Linux), in two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox), and they all worked fine. Safari had some problems opening the experiment on Pavlovia, so I recommended the participants to take the experiment in either Chrome or Firefox.

I could not find any similar issues here on the forum, so I am opening this new topic. Is there something that can be done? Should I just delete the experiment on Pavlovia and resynch from PsychoPy, (re)creating a new one? Could this problem be related to participants’ browser data (cache and cookies)?

Might those 10 participants have tested earlier versions of your study? If so, then an incognito tab would help. Otherwise, knowing the error message and the link from Qualtrics would help with debugging.

Maybe they could have tested earlier versions, but I am unsure. In the near future I will run the experiment again, and will try to contact the participants to further investigate.

The Qualtrics link can be seen below. Do you think it could be the problem? I followed your google Drive document with instructions on redirections.

\http://run.pavlovia.org/danielopeixoto/al_task/?participant=${e://Field/id}

Ignore the initial backslash (I just included so that the link could be visualized here).

That link looks fine. My only suggestions are cached older versions and unstable Internet connections.

You could ask previous participants to use an incognito tab or you could delete the local hidden.git file and folder and then sync to a new project with a different folder name.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is there a way to skip the dialog box when running online?