SERVER NEWS: Data from pre-fire now available at tmplovia.org

Hi Thomas,

I am not able to log into pavlovia.org, I am able to log into tmplovia.org but when i run the study their is a ‘401 error’.

Here is the message that pops up on psychopy:

File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1241, in onPavloviaRun
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project,
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py", line 1318, in project
elif self.filename and pavlovia.getProject(self.filename):
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 1082, in getProject
login(nameSpace, rememberMe=True)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 107, in login
currentSession.setToken(token)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 407, in setToken
self.startSession(token)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 432, in startSession
self.gitlab.auth()
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\__init__.py", line 196, in auth
self._token_auth()
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\__init__.py", line 209, in _token_auth
self.user = self._objects.CurrentUserManager(self).get()
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\exceptions.py", line 242, in wrapped_f
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\mixins.py", line 68, in get
server_data = self.gitlab.http_get(self.path, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\__init__.py", line 517, in http_get
streamed=streamed, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\gitlab\__init__.py", line 491, in http_request
response_body=result.content)
gitlab.exceptions.GitlabAuthenticationError: 401: 401 Unauthorized```

George.

I have the same error.

Hello @george98 and @magdalenasabat,

Could you give me your usernames so I can have a look?

@george98 I’m guessing you created your account since Christmas, which is why your username currently only exists on the temporary server (tmplovia). PsychoPy doesn’t know about that server and you can’t run studies there - its being provided purely for people that need urgent access to their data before the merge is complete. We don’t want people running their studies on that temporary server because it will complicate the ongoing merging process. You options are:

• create your account again on pavlovia.org and upload your study there (if you desperately need to run today)
  • wait a day or so until the servers are merged and you experiment will reappear after the merge

@magdalenasabat my guess is the same - did you create your username since Christmas? In that case your username only exists on the temporary server

yes, that was the case. Since I have everything backed up locally, I’ll recreate the account and the repository, i’ll delete the old ones once you merge everything. Thanks for help!

1 Like

@apitiot my username is howes98. I did create mine after Christmas, so I guess the best thing to do is wait for the server merge, assuming this means that my account/study on pavlovia.org will be fully operational?

Hello!

I also have a problem with finding my experiment in my account. I used tmplovia and I have loged in successfully. Through tmplovia I also see all my experiments ( which were synced 2 weeks before fire), however when I am trying to run the experiment I have such an error: “404 Not Found”.
I really do not understand what the problem can be.
I will appreciate any help. Thank you!

Maria

Hey Maria,

I just replicated your issue. My guess is that this is intentional; merging the database of January 4 with the current one is already a quite challenge. Also merging that with any changes that would be made to tmplovia would get quite messy. However, tomorrow morning we’re going to perform the merge, so soon after that your experiment should be able to run again.

Best, Thomas

Ok, thank you so much!
Will wait then.
Thank you for your work.

Maria

1 Like

Hi,

My task now runs on pavlovia but it’s an old version. The update version runs fine on psychopy but when I try to sync it to pavlovia it still runs the old version - both when I run it on pavlovia through psychopy and on pavlovia directly. What should I do?

George

Hey @george98 (and other researchers). If you encounter a merge issue, could you do the following?

First try to clear your browser cache. If that doesn’t help:

• Please make a new post in the category Online experiments
  • Add a link to your repo
  • Mention what issue you encountered when merging.

Thanks! (I’ll close this thread now to keep things a bit tidy)