Selecting the Eye-link 1000 camera in settings

Hello.

I am trying to connect to an Eye-link 1000 camera, but I am unable to select the camera from the experiment settings. The only options I can see are ‘mouse gaze’ and ‘none’. I am using Windows 10 and running PsychoPy v.2023.2.2. I have tried doing it while connected to the eye-tracker, and I have installed pylink and the SR research development kit, but I am still having no luck.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you installed the package?

Tools
Plugins/packages Manager
Packages
sr-research-pylink

Thanks, wakecarter. I managed to install the Tobii eye-tracker package this way. The sr-research-pylink one seems to be already installed, but there is something else going wrong. I made sure to use the correct version of pylink from the developer kit as well. I am now trying out some older versions of PsychoPy to see if it’s a compatibility issue.

I am having the same issue right now, did you ever figure it out?

Hi!

I’m having exactly the same issue. The EyeLink does not appear on the pulldown for selecting an eye tracker - in fact only ‘MouseGaze’ and ‘None’ are listed. The package install approach does not work because it appears that sr-research-pylink is already installed.

I’m running:
PsychoPy V2023.2.3
EyeLink Developers Kit v2.1.762 (macOS 10.12 and up; Intel & M-Series)

Thanks,
Ronan

Try PsychoPy 2022.2.5

We didn’t manage to get eye trackers working smoothly in 2023 versions.

In the end we did have some luck with connecting to the eye-link using code components rather than selecting the tracker from the menu. I have also just tried the suggestion by @wakecarter and it does seem to work with version 2022.2.5.