Removal of Pavlovia License from account

Hi there,

The experiments on my lab’s Pavlovia account (dcplab) have been included in a site license because of our email domain, but we wish to use our own credits instead. Could our account be removed from license coverage?

Many thanks,
Josh

Hello @jts,

At this point, you cannot remove your account from the license, but you can of course change the running mode of your experiment, as mentioned here: Pavlovia

The Running mode determines whether credits will be consumed when participants run the experiment or whether to take advantage of a license potentially covering the designer so that credits do not have to be consumed.

By default, Pavlovia will automatically assign the LICENSE running mode to newly created experiments covered by a license, and CREDITS to those not covered. But you are free to change it, of course (Figure 5).

Alain

Hi Alain,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to change the running mode of the experiment, but when I do so I get this message:

Capture

We do have ethical approval for the study. I guess in the case that the license manager is notified when experiments are run using the license, we can get their approval and use our own credits, while promising not to use the license?

Josh

Since you are covered by a license then you do need the license manager to approve your study even if you are running it on credits (this is to prevent people from avoiding approval by purchasing credits).
I understand that this is of course not ideal in your case!
Might I ask whether you managed to work it out in the end?

Alain

Hi Alain,

I’ve managed to get in contact with the license manager and have them approve our experiments. I can understand the reasons behind having this check in place, it’s just unfortunate that in our case the license is currently owned by one department but of course on Pavlovia applies to users in all departments. I’m told this issue should be resolved at our end at some point in the future.

Thanks for your help,

Josh

I am glad that the issue was sorted.
We are indeed looking into the matter. It is a little tricky, as you can imagine!

Alain