PsychoPy Builder not creating HTML folder

Hi Becca,

It worked!

Thank you for your help!

Hi Becca,

I am encountering the same issue and spend a long time figuring out how the .js file fetch given stimuli data and load it to the program. The reason I am doing this is that one of my online projects sometimes works (pilot) with an HTML folder with .js and resources inside and sometimes it does not work. The same thing happens to the case where no HTML folder is present. (Only HTML folder difference). I am confused by the logic behind that.

As far as I learned, the .js will first find out if the HTML folder exists, if not then it will search the current folder. right? Also the resources dictionary in the psychoJS.start gives the program hints where the given data are located. If there is no HTML folder, the resources dictionary will be empty. and the program directly uses the user-given path to find the sources right?

Could you please share more details about how the data is sought by the .js file and how it makes different when using builder versus user-generated code?

Thanks,

Hi There!

As far as I learned, the .js will first find out if the HTML folder exists, if not then it will search the current folder. right?

Yes this is correct

Also the resources dictionary in the psychoJS.start gives the program hints where the given data are located. If there is no HTML folder, the resources dictionary will be empty. and the program directly uses the user-given path to find the sources right?

Perhaps I didn’t follow the logic here - but if you do not have a html folder you can add the resources manually in the online tab of the experiment settings (we recommend this over using a html folder because it reduces the overall number of resources you have).

Could you please share more details about how the data is sought by the .js file and how it makes different when using builder versus user-generated code?

You are correct that if there is a html folder psychoJS will search there for resources. The resources list that is populated in code (exported from builder) is populated by the list of resources provided in the online tab (there is no difference between builder and code really, because builder is writing the same underlying .js code).

If it is possible that you are encountering a new issue that we might not know about please start a new thread with specific details of your experiment (please state the psychopy version) and we can offer more help :slight_smile:

Hope this helps,
Becca

Hi Becca,

Thanks for the reply. I just encountered a similar unknown resources issue. Yes, this is the link to the thread. Keep getting unknown resource errors - #4 by littlethumb123

My question is why the psychopy didn’t add the stimuli.xlsx automatically to the resource dictionary.