Problems and solution when running the image_blocks demo

Hi, there,
I a new to psychopy, and trying to learn using the builder through running the images_blocks. Below is my problems.

OS (e.g. Win10):
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.85.4):
**Standard Standalone
What are you trying to achieve?:
Run the demo “image_blocks”

What did you try to make it work?:
unpack Demos to my target folder, and chose the imges_blocks, and run

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
IOError: Couldn’t find images stims/face01.jpg; check path?

Here is my solution:

I then checked the folder of images_blocks, and found it contains only 5 files: one psyexp, three csv, and one txt, no folder named with “stims”.

so I added the folder stims and 6 pictures and named them as the csv said (face01.jpg, face02.jpg, face03.jpg; house01.jpg, house02.jpg, house03.jpg)

Now the error doesn’t occur, but not image showed.

I guess maybe my photos are not suited for presenting, and then re-sized the images to 200*200 pixels. Also, I reset the image size from (0.5, 0.5) to (200,200), and kept the unit as pix.

Now it works.

I just checked that demo. The image files are in the correct place for me but I can confirm that the demo isn’t set up correctly. The image size is specified as (0.5,0.5) but the units are in pixels, which will make the stimuli effectively invisible. The units setting needs to be height.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve submitted a pull request here to address it:

but have no idea what was happening with your missing image stimulus files.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!
I checked demo folder in the folder where psychopy was installed, it is same as I describe above (i.e., without the stims folder).
Also, have no idea about why.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same problem. No ‘stims’ folder…