Images_blocks demo doesn't work - version issue with blocking?

OS (e.g. Win10): Mac Catalina 10.15.7
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2021.1.4
*Standard Standalone? yes
What are you trying to achieve?:
I need a blocking design for my experiment and am trying to use the demo images_blocks as the basis for it. It however doesn’t work. Its output is text that says ‘Some houses’ and ‘Some faces’ rather than display the pictures of houses and faces as it is designed to.
The Runner does not output an error, however, within the builder in the Trials loop Properties, the Conditions window is producing an error message based on it containing “$condsFile”, which is the column head of what I thought would be the correct csv file.
What did you try to make it work?:
I’m not sure what to do seeing as I don’t know another option for nesting loops in order to produce a blocking design.

Is your column header condsFile or $condsFile? It should be the former.

Well, its not my column seeing as its a demo, but to the point, the column header is condsFile, and the Conditions window has $condsFile

Have you tried running it?

If your error is “No parameters set (conditionsFile not found)” then that’s a standard warning about variable conditions files.

In my description above I wrote that the experiment outputted, ‘Some houses’ and ‘Some faces’ rather than display the pictures of houses and faces as it is designed to. I suppose I should have said, when ‘I run it’, rather than use the verb output. I also wrote that the runner doesn’t output an error. I thought that would be understood… It doesn’t produce an error message.
It might be best to just run it seeing as it is the same demo offered to everyone.

I believe I was correct in my assumption that the issue was in the version. I was using the demo from a previous version. I downloaded the new demo and in it is the folder randomized blocks, which has the updated version of the old images_blocks. It works without problem.

1 Like