Pavlovia error changing status to PILOTING

URL of experiment: Sign in · GitLab

Description of the problem: This error pops up whenever I change my experiment status from INACTIVE to PILOTING.

When I copy-paste that text under Full description:

“\r\n502 Bad Gateway\r\n<body bgcolor="white">\r\n

502 Bad Gateway

\r\n
nginx\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n\r\n”

If I refresh the page the status has changed to PILOTING but whenever I try to run the code I get the following error.

We could not find a record for experiment designer: undefined

Please check the name and try again. If the error persists, contact Pavlovia’s administrator.

I’ve come across a thread from another user related to this issue and I tried the solution posted there but couldn’t fix it. Please help! Thanks!

Side note, I know that PsychoJS scripts are unable to be run locally, but it would be nice to have this feature as experiments get increasingly complicated!

I’m asking our web devs about the 502 gateway issue.

The local debug issue is currently being developed.

Hello @5eong,

Could I ask you to go to your dashboard: https://pavlovia.org/dashboard, change the experiment status from there, and let me know what happens?
Cheers,

Alain

Hi Alain

Whatever you did worked! But I had strange sync issues due to manually editing some files so I just deleted and recreated my repository. So now it doesn’t work anymore. I’m getting the same issue again. If you could do whatever you originally did, I think that would work!

Seong

Is there any update on this issue @apitiot @jon? I am currently having the same problem.

Hello @LucyMcLaughlin,

Could you actually describe your issue? And give me the name of the experiment?
Did you go to the dashboard and change the status there?
Cheers,

Alain

Hello, thanks for your quick response.

My issue is exactly as described above, when I change my experiment to piloting via the dashboard I get the following error:

If I navigate back to the dashboard the experiment’s status has changed to ‘piloting’ but if I try to run it I get:

We could not find a record for experiment designer: undefined

Please check the name and try again. If the error persists, contact Pavlovia's administrator.

My username is LucyMcLaughlin and the experiment name is VisualEntSearch.

Many thanks,
Lucy

Hi @apitiot, any further info on this issue?

I found a solution to this - it seemed to be due to my experiment containing a lot of large image files. I converted my .png files to .jpg and with a few other tweaks everything now works.