Failing to change study status from inactive to piloting

URL of experiment: n/a (inactive)

Description of the problem:

Hi, I added my psychopy study to pavlovia and have tried to change the status from “inactive” to “piloting,” but I have not had success. I have tried refreshing the page, deleting and re-adding the psychopy study, using a different browser, and using different computers (sometimes psychopy and pavlovia don’t function right on a Mac, in my experience) but none of these quick fixes made a difference. I also looked into forking the study so that I can change the study to a new repository, but it appears that my account does not have the “fork” button that other people have (perhaps this requires a license? I don’t know). If anyone has any insight for this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Does your repository have all the necessary files? .js and .html? If so, are they in a subfolder?

Hi, I uploaded my files to pavlovia and that solved the status change issue (it now says piloting), however the pilot button does not run the study and just takes me to a 403 error page. Any thoughts? And I made sure to refresh the page.

This is my URL now: https://run.pavlovia.org/hbeck1/nes1final/?__pilotToken=98f13708210194c475687be6106a3b84&__oauthToken=23683b3e5426bb6befe64344b7f7b75931e77aa0d4d27c15009c9aa06bb66383

403 usually means that the .js is not uploaded. Do you see it in your repo?

Also, do get any errors in the console?

Oh, the js was not uploaded. I did that and still get the 403 error. In the console the study will run but I get this alert every time:

Alert 4210:JavaScript Syntax Error in ‘Begin JS Experiment’ tab. See ‘Line 1: Unexpected token’ in the ‘Begin JS Experiment’ tab.
For further info see 4210: Probable syntax error detected in your JavaScript code — PsychoPy v2022.2.4
Alert 4210:JavaScript Syntax Error in ‘End JS Experiment’ tab. See ‘Line 1: Unexpected token’ in the ‘End JS Experiment’ tab.
For further info see 4210: Probable syntax error detected in your JavaScript code — PsychoPy v2022.2.4

I don’t see a begin or end experiment tab in the js window, just “NES1Final.js” (the file name)

Sorry, I meant the console in your browser. When you are on the 403 page you can open the console (e.g., ctrl + shift + K in Firefox) and see what error it shows.

Hello hbeck1

your experiment does not run, because there are JavaScript errors. You can try to run the experiment locally in a browser to test the PsychoJS-Version of your experiment. Does the experiment run locally via Python? If so, then there is probably a problem with the auto-translate from Python to PsychoJS.

Best wishes Jens