psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Issues with data - missing or lost

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/jsreagency/reagency_2

Description of the problem: I recruited participants with Prolific and can see there that a certain number of people did perform my experiment however the amount of data available in the “data folder” in the Gitlab account doesn’t match - about 8 participants (who received the confirmation code that they finished the experiment) are missing in the final data folder. Would it be possible that the synchronization with Pavlovia somehow failed?
It is not the first time I experienced it - about 40% of my piloting runs were not saved too for no apparent reasons. Therefore I was wondering if it was “normal” or what could go wrong.

Thanks in advance

When / how do they get the confirmation code?

Once participants reach the last slide of the experiment, they are redirected to another website (recruiting website - Prolific). There, I do have access to many things and can see who finished the experiment.
My problem is that I do have more participants who finished the experiment than “data/csv files” in my Pavlovia Gitlab data folder.

By redirected, do you mean via the completed URL in the online options?

Yes, at the far end, in the “jspsy.init.on_finish”, participants are redirected to Prolific via a completed URL. Their ID is in the URL so I know who did finish the exp.

Ah, are you using jspsych, not PsychoPy?

Yes, I do use JsPsych, sorry for the confusion. As it is for now, the “JS translation” of PsychoPy’s code is not sufficient for my tasks so I code my experiments in JsPsych.
As for the code itself, I copy pasted (with adaptations) the snippet provided by the Pavlovia website. It works, but not all the time for no apparent reason.