Integration Eyelink eye-tracker with a task created on Psychopy builder 2022.1.2

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10 64 bit
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022 1.2
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Yes
What are you trying to achieve?:

I have a task created using Psychopy builder. I would like to use this task to collect eye-tracking data.

What did you try to make it work?:

In order to do so, I have chosen the SR Eyelink 1000 plus, in the experiment settings section of Psychopy builder. I have also made changes to the settings according to the task need.

However, I am not sure how to send messages to the host PC/eye-tracker to record messages about different trial events (for instance, onset of stimulus, participant’s response and so on). I would like to do the same with the use of the builder (with adding some custom code, if need be). How can I do the same via the builder? But I am not too keen on shifting to the coder entirely.

Additionally, is it enough to just select the eyetracker in the experiment settings for the following things to take place:

Establish a connection with the host PC via the ethernet cable?
Open an EDF file on the host PC?
Set-up the participant camera?
Start and stop recording?
And save to transfer the file to stimulus PC?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Prashanti

1 Like

Hello @Prashanti , I have the same quesitons. I hope someone can answer.

Hello @Gustavo_J Unfortunately, i think it is difficult to integrate Eye-link via the builder. However, I could successfully send messages to mark events using the code component of the builder. Once I did that, I compiled the entire task code to the coder from the builer. Finally I added the additional code to connect with the host PC, start and stop recording by customising the code provided by Eyelink.

1 Like

Dear @Prashanti, could you probably share the code you put in the Builder Coding element?
I am currently looking for a similar solution to pass trial numbers to the EyeLink EDF File/PsychoPy HDF File.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best
Celina

1 Like