EyeLink Plugin/Package

Hi all,

Is anybody able to point me in the right direction of where to find the .whl file for psychopy-eyetracker-sr-research please?

I have a student that has the code for a PsychoPy eye tracking (EyeLink) experiment they’ve used at a different uni that they want to run again, but I don’t use PsychoPy so could do with a little help. I need to get it working on a non-networked display PC - I think I’m almost there but I’m struggling with installing a package.

I’ve followed the steps here. I’ve installed the EyeLink Developers Kit and PsychoPy onto the PC and replaced the PyLink library, but when I try to run the code it requires a package (psychopy-eyetracker-sr-research) and I can’t see how to install this on the non-networked PC.

With the others, I downloaded the install files onto a USB, moved them to the non-networked PC and installed them there, but I can’t see a way to do this with the package as when I go to ‘Plugin/packages manager’ on PsychoPy (on a networked machine) it only has the option to install it, not download it. On the PsychoPy plugins website it says you should be able to download a .whl file to move onto the non-networked PC, but I can’t seem to find where to download this.

Many thanks,
Dina

Hello,

Wheel packages can be downloaded here: psychopy-eyetracker-sr-research · PyPI

1 Like

Hi @mdc,

Thank you for this, it was very useful! I’m still having issues and have been told that I need the version of PsychoPy that uses Python 3.10 (as SR Research don’t support Python 3.8), but I can’t see where to download this. I was told it should be on the PsychoPy download page but I can’t see an option to download it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction for that too, please?

Many thanks,
Dina

It looks like their documentation has been updated and they now support newer versions of Python including 3.10 with download links on their forum:

1 Like

Thanks for sending this link. I followed the steps to install 3.10 but when I checked in PsychoPy which Python version it was using, it still said 3.8.10. Is this something you could help with, or would it need to be SR Research? This is my first time trying to use PsychoPy so I’m a bit lost here to be honest.

If you’re using the PsychoPy app then it’s using its own internal version of Python, which is separate from any other version of Python installed on your system. That version is locked to 3.8 currently.

What you can do is install PsychoPy as a python library to your Python 3.10 install using pip install psychopy from your system command prompt or terminal window. See here: Installation — PsychoPy v2024.1.5

Hi all,

Thank you for your support with this. The student has now changed their project so I no longer need to get this working, but thanks for all of your help so far!

Many thanks,
Dina