Experiment Settings query

I click on the Experiment Settings of my experiments in builder and it doesn’t open. I have a few .psyexp file in different folders and have deleted the input fields in their Experiment Settings (i.e. participant, session) and changed the names of the experiments in those Experiment Settings so that they coincide with the names of the .psyexp files. Now Experiment Settings doesn’t open anymore for these particular .psyexp files, whereas it does open for other .psyexp files.

Does anyone have any idea how to make Experiment Settings open again for these files?

Thank you in advance !

1 Like

Hi @AlexV, yes that is something that might need a bugfix. To get your experiment settings window to open again, you will have to edit your .psyexp file in a text editor - the psyexp file is an xml file, so easy enough to read. I recommend Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code. In the “settings” tree, replace:

<Param name="Experiment info" updates="None" val="{}" valType="code"/>
with
<Param name="Experiment info" updates="None" val="{'participant': '', 'session': '001'}" valType="code"/>

Then, save the psyexp file from your text editor and reopen it in Builder. You should now be able to open your experiment settings.

3 Likes