Experiment not running

When I try to run the experiment in builder, the participant id and session window comes up, I see a grey screen but then it quits.

How can I fix this ?

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. I tested it with the Demo tasks but those immediately quit as well. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Here is the error code:

Running: /home/rubi/Documents/psychopy/PsychoPy3 Demos/stroop/stroop_lastrun.py

28.3648 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2020_11_19 18:20’]
30.3200 INFO Loaded monitor calibration from [‘2020_11_19 18:20’]
pygame 2.0.0 (SDL 2.0.12, python 3.6.11)
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
PTB-CRITICAL: In call to PsychSetThreadPriority(): Failed to set new basePriority 2, tweakPriority 1, effective 1 [REALTIME] for thread (nil) provided!
PsychHID: KbQueueStart: Failed to switch to realtime priority [Operation not permitted].
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

Current thread 0x00007fba11bff740 (most recent call first):
File “/home/rubi/anaconda3/envs/psychopy/lib/python3.6/site-packages/psychopy/clock.py”, line 122 in init
File “/home/rubi/anaconda3/envs/psychopy/lib/python3.6/site-packages/psychopy/clock.py”, line 160 in init
File “/home/rubi/Documents/psychopy/PsychoPy3 Demos/stroop/stroop_lastrun.py”, line 84 in

Experiment ended.
1 Like

I got it running! Currently using the python environment version on Ubuntu 20.04. Needed to run psychopy with superuser to give the correct permissions.

After activating the env, the command was: sudo /home/rubi/anaconda3/envs/psychopy/bin/psychopy
The path will be slightly different for others.

@kaylaguindon I dunno what system your on, but hopefully this helps!

hey! thanks for your help. so, I realized what was wrong. I just wasn’t coding properly. haha

1 Like

I had the same issue. I realized that with Mac products you have to go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, then in the Privacy tab you should see an option called “Input Monitoring”. You have to give permission for the PsychoPy there.

1 Like

unfortunately that did not work for me and I still have the same issue as @kaylaguindon