Error message when piloting on pavlovia

Hi!

I’ve been using the Psychopy builder view to create an experiment for my thesis and everything has been working exactly how I want it to offline but I’m having trouble getting it to pilot properly now that I’m transferring it to Pavlovia.

It’s a conditioning task which uses .png image files, text, rating scales, sounds, and it did use the clickable buttons but as I’ve been going through I have discovered that they are not good for online so they have been replaced by keyboard responses.

The issue I’m having is when I get through the first loop of routines (which is a sound check) we get the error message below when we want to continue to the first round of the actual trials. The “habituation” phase consists of 2 routines that are looped and linked to a conditions file that I created from the template provided in Psychopy.

Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction to fix this so I can get the experiment up and running ASAP.

Screenshots of one of the routines in the habituation loop is below, the other is the same but with bluesquare instead of greensquare.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.46.13 am

Hello,

you might want to take a look here

to check how you can access the console to determine what might cause the error. One reason might be that “nReps for all loops should be numbers or a variable without the $.”

Best wishes Jens

Hi Jens,

thanks for your recommendation! I have had a look at this and below are screenshots of the nReps for the loops, but I can’t see that they would be the issue based on the information in crib sheet. any advice?
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.32.42 pm
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.32.49 pm

thanks!

here is the habituation loop also
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.32.56 pm

Hello,

What happens if you use different names for the loop and nReps. Currently, the loops and nReps share the same name: CSGreen and CSBlue, respectively.

What happens when you change Selected rows to

0:3

instead of

0, 1, 2, 3

What happens if get rid of the spaces in your folder name Loopsandconditions instead of Loops and conditions? Better avoid spaces in folder and file names as different OS might handle (represent) spaces in folder and file names differently.

BTW, if you use a random seed the random order will always be the same and it doesn’t really make sense given that you have selected sequential as loopType.

Best wishes Jens

Thank you Jens! looks like changing the name of the loop names has worked!

thank you so much!