psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

Completed URL from Pavlovia to SONA not working

I’m attempting to integrate Pavlovia with SONA and I’ve run into some trouble. I have participants answering questions in Qualtrics and completing an experiment on Pavlovia. The order doesn’t matter and I’m able to pass a participant ID from SONA to Qualtrics to Pavlovia or from SONA to Pavlovia to Qualtrics (so this isn’t an issue).

The problem I’m having is with the completion URL. I was having participants go from SONA to Qualtrics to Pavlovia. This all worked fine, but my completion URL isn’t working at the end of the Pavlovia experiment.

Even if I have the link go directly from SONA to Pavlovia and back to SONA, it’s not working. I need the participant to be redirected to SONA so they can be granted credit. I’ve followed all the instructions for integration, as far as I can tell so I’m not sure what’s going on.

This is my current Completion URL: $“https://ucf.sona-systems.com/webstudy_credit.aspx?experiment_id=1976&credit_token=6f2e3bb143bd42658ed5f6b034f9244c&survey_code=” + expInfo[‘participant’]

Any help is much appreciated!

• Elisabeth

Are you using simple quotes ” and ‘ or smart quotes as in your post?

I honestly don’t know the difference (or if it matters?). I just used the key on the keyboard if that helps.

I think that despite editing, my previous post has “smart quotes” which curve differently at the beginning and end of words.

For coding you need "simple quotes" 

If you typed your code into PsychoPy with the keyboard, you probably have simple quotes. If you copy pasted from a document (including my crib sheet) then they may be smart and need fixing.

Okay, I believe they’re simple quotes then. I just checked them and re-typed them. After a test, nothing has changed. There is still no redirect happening. I get the standard “Thank you for your patience” message and then nothing happens.

This problem seems to have miraculously solved itself overnight and now everything works fine. I think it was a syncing issue between PsychoPy and Pavlovia because now I’m having some other troubles, but hopefully they will resolve themselves.