Can't select 'save psydat' files

OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.1.3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Y
What are you trying to achieve?: save psydat file

I have ported over an old psychopy experiment to the newer version as I have to chage it for pairing with fMRI.
Having read online that the psydat file is kind of like the ultimate ‘in case you forgot to export it’ backup, I would like to save it alongside the log and csv.
As you can see below, this option is not available. I am sure there is something simple I need to check/uncheck but haven’t found any information on this topic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
James

That’s very strange. We normally make that setting “not editable” but fixed on True. I wonder how in your case it seems to be fixed on False! :thinking:

You could edit the setting manually in the text of the experiment - psyexp files are actually just text documents (in xml format) so you could open this in some sort of editor like Notepad++ or Visual Studio Code (or any suitable code editing app) and change the value there.

All I can imagine is that someone before you did exactly that to turn the setting off but it seems unlikely so I’m quite confused!

Jon

Hi Jon,
thanks for the prompt reply. The manual text edit worked perfectly (and is very useful to know).

I have no idea how it occurred, I made the task and no one else has ever editted it. I also did not know of this manual edit… Glad it was a simple fix though.

Cheers and thanks for constantly improving PsychoPy. It is an excellent program.