Buttons and textboxes not clickable online

Hi,

URL of experiment: Button [PsychoPy]

Description of the problem:
I’m making a series of experiment where people proceed from one trial to another by clicking buttons. The buttons work fine when running the experiment offline, but cannot be clicked in the online version. The buttons also look different: the text is no longer centred in the middle of the button (it is in the offline version).

There is one situation where I can proceed to the next screen:

1. exit full screen mode
  2. click about 1 cm ABOVE the middle of the button
    This only works once within an experiment. So even with this workaround I can’t get past the second screen.

I have tried making the buttons with button components and also with a combination of textbox+mouse+code components. Both versions behave in the same way. The link takes you to a minimal example.

PsychoPy 2022.1.1
Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 100.0.1185.44 (Official build) (64-bit)
Device and OS:
|Processor|11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|Pen and touch support with 10 touch points|
|Edition|Windows 10 Enterprise|
|Version|21H1|
|Installed on|‎27/‎01/‎2022|
|OS build|19043.1586|
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0|

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Kathleen

Dear Wakecarter,

Thank you for your quick reply. Based on the info on Status of online options — PsychoPy v2022.1.3 I indeed noticed that buttons are not yet supported so I converted them to textboxes+mouse+code which should be supported. The example Button [PsychoPy] is one with textboxes. It still behaves in the same unexpected way.
I prefer to use buttons or textboxes instead of images because the text in the box/button is a variable in several of my experiments.

Best wishes
Kathleen

1 Like