Bugs in Psychopy when using Windows

Hi,

I think there is a bug in Psychopy when using Windows. I have built a task which works perfectly on a Mac but does some strange stuff on Windows.

For example, on Windows the first trial is always skipped and it goes straight to the second trial, the the third trial only lasts for 1 second even though all trials are set to constant 3 seconds. I know its not me doing something wrong because I have tried on 2 macs and 3 different Windows machines and always get the same problem on Windows and no problems on Mac.

I tried rebuilding the task from scratch on a windows machine as I thought the change from mac to Windows may have caused the bug but I still have the same issues.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I don’t know what to do!

Thanks,

Nat

Do you mind sharing your program?

Best wishes Jens

Faces_task.psyexp (40.5 KB)

TRIALS.xlsx (14.5 KB)

Here is the program and the trials, I can’t upload all the pics etc.

What happens when you run this experiment on the same machines?
trialSkipping.psyexp (9.5 KB)
I think it might be something to do with the Keyboard component forcing the end of the routine prematurely, possibly it’s picking up responses from previous trials / routines and immediately ending the subsequent trial. If so then this experiment with a Keyboard response ending Routines and Trials should give similar bugs.