Authentication failed when syncing via the command prompt

Description of the problem:
I’m trying to synch an experiment to Pavlovia using the cmd prompt as the sync from builder wasn’t working however I’m getting the following error:

remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied
fatal: Authentication failed for ‘https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/KirstyB/diss_ph.git/

I’m following the same process I have used before but this error is new. I’m a bit of a newbie so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey!

I’m quite inexperienced in authentication via git, but I do know that if you create a new gitlab experiment on gitlab.pavlovia.org, it shows a little tutorial on how to interact with your repo via git. Might that help?

Best, Thomas

1 Like

Hello,

when you search the internet with the search term “remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied
fatal: Authentication failed for” you find some suggestions. It might be due to 2FA, your credentials, expired token aso.

Best wishes Jens

2 Likes

Thanks this has helped - for anyone else having the same issue looks like my SSH key has disappeared from my account (probably due to recent issues) which I discovered by viewing the credentials manager

Hello @KirstyB! It seems my SSH key has disappeared from my account as well! So did you just add a SSH to your account again? I wonder if the disappearance is something to worry about… (like internet insecurity)