All Pavlovia Experiments No Longer Working

URL of experiment: Inter [PsychoPy]
Prac [PsychoPy]

version: 2020.2.6
Browsers: Safari and Chrome

Description of the problem:
Hello,
I finished building my experiments 2 weeks ago and they worked fine when I ran them online. When I wanted to test them again this week, none of my experiments work anymore. The browser gives me the following error message:

And I get the following error message in the Runner:
Pushing to Pavlovia for the first time…Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 517, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 822, in firstPush
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 548, in
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.6/git/cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(’/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git push -u Sign in · GitLab master
stderr: ‘To Sign in · GitLab
! [rejected] master → master (fetch first)
error: failed to push some refs to ‘Sign in · GitLab
hint: Updates were rejected because the remote contains work that you do
hint: not have locally. This is usually caused by another repository pushing
hint: to the same ref. You may want to first integrate the remote changes
hint: (e.g., ‘git pull …’) before pushing again.
hint: See the ‘Note about fast-forwards’ in ‘git push --help’ for details.’

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks!

Hi @Karen, please what version of Safari and/or Chrome are you using? Thanks, x

Hi!
I’m using Safari Version 12.0.2 (13606.3.4.1.4) and Chrome Version 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (x86_64).

OK I don’t see any errors on Chrome, but yes made a note of patching PsychoJS to support Safari 12 in this respect, thanks for flagging, x

Hi @sotiri
Thanks for checking! :slight_smile: Is there anything you would suggest I check / read into? I don’t quite understand the error / what the problem might be.
Thank you!

Hi @Karen, no problem, code I wrote to allow for parsing array looking strings and which got recently pulled in to PsychoJS is using a JS String prototype method called matchAll that is unavailable in Safari 12, because I looked at the browser compatibility table and lazily decided Safari 13 support should be good enough. The issue has come up before. I now need to revisit that utility function and make tweaks to allow for the code to run on Safari 12 and other legacy browsers. I’m hoping to have a fix ready in the next few days, many thanks for your patience, x

Thank you so much for the explanation! I was going a little mad looking for solutions online. I’ll have a read through the other threads you recommended as well. Thanks again! :smiley:

Dear @Karen, @YT_HAN, @J_McM, @tandy, @wakecarter, production PsychoJS now includes fixes to support older browsers in this respect, no extra tweaks necessary. Please could you try again and let me know if you come across any issues? Thanks, x

Thank you. That seems to fix the issue I was having with Chrome on an iPhone.

Thank you so much @sotiri and everyone else involved in fixing this! :smiley: Tried it on Mac Safari and Chrome and it works again :slight_smile:

1 Like