Voice Response Reaction Times - Audio clips not working

If this template helps then use it. If not then just delete and start from scratch.

OS (e.g. Win10): Windows 10
PsychoPy version (e.g. 1.84.x): 2022.2.4
Standard Standalone? (y/n) If not then what?:
What are you trying to achieve?:
Hello, I have set up a Picture Naming experiment via Builder and I would like to record voice response reaction times every time participants name a picture. It took me long time to be able to actually record audio clips for each trial, but even achieving that I’m not able in any way to get RTs. By reading this forum I realised that many others just like me are struggling with recording microphone RTs. I’m new to coding and to psychopy so I’m not able to implement the voicekey response in psychopy, so I’m aware that it’d be quite impossible to set up the experiment to get automatic RTs for each trial. I’m trying to work around all the issues I have, first of all I have audio clips for each trial but the voice response is almost impossible to hear from the audio clip, additionally each clip seems to be cut halfwa,y which makes it impossible to actually understand the words they’re saying.
Secondly, I’m not sure that the mic actually starts recording at the same time as the picture, even if I set it to do so, because in the data file they seem to have a different scale. So this is making me feel unsure that I can actually extract correct RTs for the audio clips if they’re not in sync with the pics. Is anyone able to help me with that? Or maybe anyone managed to get automatic Rts?

What did you try to make it work?: I tried to add an external mic. I tried to implement the voice key response but it’s too advanced for me.

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?: the software keeps crashing randomly and even when it doesn’t crash I keep having the same issue
Include pasted full error message if possible. “That didn’t work” is not enough information.

Dear Fabi, did you find any sollution? I struggle with the same issue.

My experiment runs without crash, but sometimes verbal responses are recorded and the other time they are not (I checked my microphone and it works properly). For those recorded I can’t find RT in data analysys. I am also start to thinking about on switch to another software, which allow to collect RT data of audio responses, but it is not that easy.