Urgent: problem with transfering to pavlovia

Hi,

I am reading the sheet and I am going step by step. I see an html folder created and a resources folder. I added what was in my resources folder manually in online tab. Then, I clicked to run to pavlovia but I got:

Another git process seems to be running in this repository, e.g.

an editor opened by ‘git commit’. Please make sure all processes

are terminated then try again. If it still fails, a git process

may have crashed in this repository earlier:

remove the file manually to continue.’ Then I deleted the previous experiments in pavlovia.

Then in pavlovia i see the experiment and clicked to pilot and gitlab–> but in gitlab i see " the repository for this project is empty."

You shouldn’t create an html folder. Remove html from Experiment Settings / Online before trying to sync

I actually didn’t but I saw it already created. So should i delete the resources here?

Delete the output path.

Remove the additional resources

Add them again from their primary location.

I get an

error:

Delete the hidden .git folder and files and try again or copy your files to a new folder.

I am not sure what you mean by hidden git folder but I deleted the experiments I created before in pavlovia, so currently there is nothing in there. Didn’t work, and are you saying I should copy my psyexp file to another folder/directory?

Files or folders that start with . (like the .git folder) may not appear in your file explorer. On a Mac you can reveal these with Cmd + Shift + . while you’re in the Finder view if they’re not already visible!

1 Like

thanks. this one i should delete, right

Does your experiment folder have a whole host of irrelevant subfolders (e.g. JASP)?

Your experiment should be in a unique folder.

no. it is in my user home folder. should I copy the psyexp file to another folder?

I did and it didn’t work. I tried running again and get the same error. So far, I deleted the output path and added resources from their location. Deleted the experiments in pavlovia. Did not delete hidden git folder you said because I am not sure if that was it can you check if what your referring to is that in the screenshot in my previous entry?

I think I was not supposed to delete that git folder because I get:

What part am I missing?

I put the exp and other files to an unique folder like this but I get the same error.

Please could you clarify the error and when you get it?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1458, in onPavloviaRun
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 1452, in onPavloviaSync
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/project.py”, line 844, in syncProject
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/pavlovia_ui/functions.py”, line 148, in showCommitDialog
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/projects/pavlovia.py”, line 1172, in commit
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/git/cmd.py”, line 542, in
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/git/cmd.py”, line 1005, in _call_process
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/git/cmd.py”, line 822, in execute
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: /Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/git-core/git commit -m -
stderr: 'fatal: Unable to create ‘/Users/ilkekavusturan/.git/index.lock’: File exists.

Another git process seems to be running in this repository, e.g.
an editor opened by ‘git commit’. Please make sure all processes
are terminated then try again. If it still fails, a git process
may have crashed in this repository earlier:
remove the file manually to continue.’

[quote=“ilkekav, post:16, topic:39753”]
‘/Users/ilkekavusturan/.git/index.lock’:

You need to delete the hidden .git folder in your main user folder before you can use any subfolders.

is that it

somebody else just transferred the experiment to their pavlovia account and when we pilot the experiment now we see the issues as :

But I am not sure why they’re issues. What is wrong with this: if (obj.contains(mouse)) {