Unknown resource, conditions file

URL of experiment: https://pavlovia.org/snorwood/mts_1b

Description of the problem: I receive the following error when I try to pilot my experiment. My conditions file is in the resources folder inside the html folder for my experiment. It shows up under files when I view the code online. I can’t figure out the problem. Thanks!

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• when importing condition: /Users/temp/Documents/Experiments/html/resources/Conditions_1B.xlsx
  • when getting the value of resource: /Users/temp/Documents/Experiments/html/resources/Conditions_1B.xlsx
  • unknown resource

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer.

@snorwood, this looks like you have the local absolute path to your conditions file rather than the relative path (i.e. relative to your PsychoPy experiment file). If you go to the loop, where you have your conditions file set up, make sure the path is just “Conditions_1B.xlsx”. In addition, make sure that “Conditions_1B.xlsx” is in the same directory as your psyexp file, so the relative path of the conditions file is correct.

I now receive this error…

Unfortunately we encountered the following error:

• TypeError: Cannot assign to read only property ‘undefined’ of object '#'

Try to run the experiment again. If the error persists, contact the experiment designer.

I think this error relates to having empty columns in your conditions file. If you remove them, the error should go (see related post).

That’s done it. Thanks so much.