Unable to upload psychopy experiment to Pavlovia - probably related to js file

URL of experiment:Pavlovia

Description of the problem: The experiment runs perfectly on the builder but I cannot make it run online! At first, I got a blank page, now I get a 403 forbidden error. My hypothesis is that the problem has something to do with the js file, which I can’t generate in Psychopy - i get the following error when I try to generate the js file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/app/builder/builder.py”, line 804, in fileExport
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 71, in generateScript
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 245, in compileScript
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/scripts/psyexpCompile.py”, line 217, in _makeTarget
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/experiment/_experiment.py”, line 286, in writeScript
File “/Applications/PsychoPy.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/psychopy/experiment/components/settings/init.py”, line 857, in writeInitCodeJS
IsADirectoryError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: ‘/Users/camilamaura/Library/CloudStorage/GoogleDrive-camila.maura@pucp.edu.pe/.shortcut-targets-by-id/1Zgn3XETIGSXalE-dTI7qlBcYHY-qYB82/Gifted MSI/Experimento de los dos flashes/dfi-master/index.html’

Hello Camila

is index.html locally and remote a folder? If so, delete the folder and try to resnyc. index.html must be a file.

Best wishes Jens

I had a similar issue that I think was caused by having reorganized my local files at one point while building my experiment, which caused a permissions issue that made the JS inaccessible. I solved it by starting a whole new experiment and copy/pasting each component into it.

I also read that if your experiment is stored in a cloud-based folder, it will cause a similar issue. So if you’re going to try this method, create your new folder in your actual computer only, such as in the C: drive.