psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

403 Forbidden error when trying to run the experiment online (on pavlovia)

URL of experiment: https://run.pavlovia.org/jeong9793/test1

Description of the problem:
I am getting a 403 Forbidden error message when I try to run/pilot my experiment on Pavlovia.

I did export HTML before creating the project, and I have no idea where I am getting an error from.

Are you logged in? I get that when clicking on someone else’s experiment link.

Also, I think you may get that error if the experiment isn’t running or has no credits

You do have to pilot from Pavlovia rather than the runner.

Have you checked that the files have been uploaded?

Thank you for your reply. I am logged in to pavlovia, and have about three credits assigned to the experiment. When I click “view code”, the folder containing the psychopy file and HTML folder is uploaded…

It looks like your experiments is in a directory called list1 inside a directory called test1.
PsychoPy/Pavlovia assume that there is one experiment per directory.
Your test1 repository currently contains all manners of document, together with a desktop.ini and a ixplorer.exe.
I would encourage you to delete that experiment and try again in the manner I recommended.
Does that make sense?

Alain

Yes!
Last time I made a project, I did from the builder view in Psychopy, which required the local root folder to be desktop – that was why there were other unrelated files and folders in the repository.
So I created a new project in the Gitlab and pushed files using cmd, so that the repository only contains the files in the list1 folder, and now I can run the experiment online. Thank you!

1 Like

My pleasure.

Happy experimenting!