Unable to creat file data when sync

Hi,
Thanks for making psychopy online version! I tried, and it works fine in China (at least use Chrome). :smiley:

Now, I have problem with sync data to local desktop. Everytime, I need to delete remote data to complete the sync, otherwise it shows below text in the cmd window.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance!

C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init_.py:202: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
self.valueCtrl.SetToolTipString(translate(param.hint))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init
.py:639: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
translate(self.params[‘startType’].hint))
C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\dialogs_init
.py:644: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
translate(self.params[‘startVal’].hint))
.py:649: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
translate(self.params[‘startEstim’].hint))
.py:684: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
translate(self.params[‘stopType’].hint))
.py:688: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
translate(self.params[‘stopVal’].hint))
.py:693: wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item. Use SetToolTip instead.
_translate(self.params[‘durationEstim’].hint))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 364, in onSyncButton
self.project.sync(syncPanel=syncPanel, progressHandler=progHandler)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 607, in sync
status = self.pull(syncPanel=syncPanel, progressHandler=progressHandler)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 651, in pull
raise e
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 642, in pull
info = self.repo.git.pull() # progress=progressHandler
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 548, in
return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 1014, in _call_process
return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py”, line 825, in execute
raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd(‘git’) failed due to: exit code(1)
cmdline: git pull
stdout: ‘Updating 68c6aae…9bd0224’
stderr: ‘From https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/chengyang/cfmt_morphed3
68c6aae…9bd0224 master -> origin/master
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morped3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-06_07:25:51.793.csv: Invalid argument
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morped3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-06_09:49:34.004.csv: Invalid argument
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morped3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-06_14:24:53.724.csv: Invalid argument
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morped3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-07_21:21:31.696.csv: Invalid argument
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morped3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-08_10:09:00.491.csv: Invalid argument
error: unable to create file data/CFMT_morphed3_PARTICIPANT_SESSION_2018-10-08_10:08:04.546.csv: Invalid argument’

Hi @Chengyang, thank you for the post. Yes, the problem you are having is that your datafiles have invalid filenames (because they contain colons). We have updated the filename format to remove colons, but for now I suggest you manually copy the data in those files, and delete the filenames from the online repo, then you should be able to sync. The new filename format will be available in the next psychopy release rolled out this week.

I’m having the same problem. However, I can’t delete the files online because it says that I can’t delete a file unless it is on a branch. How can I delete these files?

@unagi_pie, if you go to https://gitlab.pavlovia.org/, find your project and go to the data folder. In the data folder, click the offending csv file(s) and the file will be presented in a panel within the window. A red DELETE button should appear in the top right of the file view panel, and if you click that the file should be deleted.

Thanks for your help @dvbridges. I found the delete button, but it wasn’t allowing me to delete those files because they weren’t on a branch. I went to the project manager and unprotected everything. Then it allowed me to delete the files. From then, the sync went smoothly. Thanks again.