3.0.0b9 - Windows doesn't support filenames with ':' but Pavlovia saves such data files

First of all, I’ve had an amazing first day with Psychopy! I’m so happy that you have brought this into the world. Thank you, really, really, appreciate it. It is and will be helping with our neuropsychology research at York University, Toronto, Canada.

Here’s the problem:
After completing my online experiment https://pavlovia.org/run/danielsnider/stroop/html/ I get data saved to ‘data/stroop_dan_001_2018-09-06_20:20:29.799.csv’, and when I synchronize my windows 10 laptop to Pavlovia, I get the following error.

Synchronising...
Pulling changes from remote...Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py", line 475, in syncProject
    status = project.sync(syncFrame.syncPanel, syncFrame.progHandler)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 607, in sync
    status = self.pull(syncPanel=syncPanel, progressHandler=progressHandler)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 651, in pull
    raise e
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py", line 642, in pull
    info = self.repo.git.pull()  # progress=progressHandler
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py", line 548, in <lambda>
    return lambda *args, **kwargs: self._call_process(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py", line 1014, in _call_process
    return self.execute(call, **exec_kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\cmd.py", line 825, in execute
    raise GitCommandError(command, status, stderr_value, stdout_value)
git.exc.GitCommandError: Cmd('git') failed due to: exit code(1)
  cmdline: git pull
  stdout: 'Updating a1d6eea..c3dac60'
  stderr: 'error: unable to create file data/stroop_dan_001_2018-09-06_20:20:29.799.csv: Invalid argument'

Windows doesn’t allow filenames with ‘:’ in them. Perhaps use underscores?
I’m on version 3.0.0b9.

Thanks!

This issue still exists. Please address it soon. It effects all Windows users!

Hi @danielsnider, thank you for your post. We are currently discussing filename alternatives with Ilixa, and they will implement the relevant server-side changes very soon.