psychopy.org | Reference | Downloads | Github

TTL's from PsychoPy not showing up in AcqKnowledge

Hello all,

PsychoPy Version: 1.90.2
Standard Standalone? Yes

What are you trying to achieve?

We bought new computers and are trying to re-establish the connection between Psychopy (on one computer), the BIOPAC MP150 and AcqKowledge (on another computer). We also had to purchase and install a parallel port for the new computer to connect our stimulus presentation computer to the BIOPAC system. I have created a tester program which should sent a TTL signal to our BIOPAC MP150, which translates that to AcqKnowledge (v5.0.4); however, we are not seeing the signal appear in Acqknowledge. The program runs without error, but we are not able to see the TTLs. We are able to receive other signals from the BIOPAC system in AcqKnowledge (ie., EEG), but not able to see the TTL’s as we did with our old computers.

Right now, we have created a PsychoPy program in builder (See image) 2 seconds long that will send a TTL signal via the I/O Parallel port. We have the new parallel port installed in LPT1 (In the stimuli presentation computer) and the Port Address in PsychoPy set to 0x0378. We are fairly confident that the AcqKnowledge program is set up properly (as we are using the template used in a previous study which has received TTL’s in the past). We installed inpout32 as well.

We are not sure why AcqKnowledge is not receiving the signal from Psychopy. At this point, I am wondering if I missed a simple, but critical, step in 1) setting up PsychoPy on this new computer, 2) installing the parallel port and the drivers (including inpout32), 3) setting up the PyschoPy program correctly, or 4) setting up AcqKnowledge in the other new computer.

I have tried changing the Port address in PsychoPy, with no luck. I have also tried newer versions of PsychoPy (3.1.5), with no luck. I believe the parallel port is installed correctly, because the parallel port device status is saying, “this device is working properly.”

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

I believe a similar problem is being discussed in Triggers not appearing on actiview serial port

Thanks!

How certain are you taht the parallel port is correctly at 0x0378?