OS (e.g. Win10): Win10
PsychoPy version: 3.1.5
Standard Standalone? (y/n): y
What are you trying to achieve?:
Trying to send triggers via serial port from psychopy to actiview biosemi software at the beginning of loop every time a image is presented.
What did you try to make it work?:
Based on others posts, this is what I coded into my builder:
What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
The script runs with out any problems and error messages, but no triggers are appearing in the actiview EEG software. I’ve been tinkering, but can’t get a trigger of any kind. This cable works for a matlab script and actiview receives a decimal trigger of 239 and 255. Here is what I’ve tried to get the triggers to work:
- port.write(bytes(‘1’)), port.write(bytes(1)), port.write(bytes(‘255’)), port.write(bytes(255)), port.write(1), port.write(‘1’).
- Checked and changed baud rate.
- Updated drivers for COM3.
- Matlab script used serialbreak(obj,time) to send triggers so I tried to use the python equivalent of port.send_break(duration=0.25), script runs but still no triggers.
- port = serial.Serial("COM3, baudrate = 9600, bytesize=serial.EIGHTBITS)
Any ideas about what I’m missing?