Syncing to pavlovia from Psychopy coder

URL of experiment:

Description of the problem:
Hi,
I opened an experiment from the PsychoPy3 coder (I do not have this experiment in the builder). Then, I pressed the “sync with web project (at pavlovia.org)” button, and got the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):

• File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\coder\coder.py”, line 2724, in onPavloviaSync*
  • pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project)*
  • File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\project.py”, line 533, in syncProject*
  • infoStream=syncFrame)*
  • File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\pavlovia_ui\functions.py”, line 119, in showCommitDialog*
  • project.commit(commitMsg)*
  • File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 965, in commit*
  • self.repo = git.Repo(self.localRoot)*
  • File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\git\repo\base.py”, line 168, in init*
  • raise InvalidGitRepositoryError(epath)*
    git.exc.InvalidGitRepositoryError: C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3

I would like to ask:

1. what is the meaning of the error?
  2. is it possible to sync a project that is written only as code and not in the builder?
    Thank you very much

Hi!

I think there are two problems:

1. Indeed, experiments built only with the coder won’t work online; you’ll need to create it with the builder.
  2. There is also some issue with syncing. Try removing the .git folder and sync again.

Best, Thomas