Sync to Pavlovia fails

Description of the problem:
I’m trying to upload an experiment to Pavlovia. (I had the experiment on Pavlovia before, but I deleted the repository and also deleted the git folder from the local folder, changed the name of the folder and the experiment file.) However, when trying to upload the experiment, I get the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1339, in onPavloviaRun
retVal = pavlovia_ui.syncProject(parent=self, project=self.project,
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\app\builder\builder.py”, line 1416, in project
elif self.filename and pavlovia.getProject(self.filename):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 1068, in getProject
gitRoot = getGitRoot(filename)
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\site-packages\psychopy\projects\pavlovia.py”, line 1049, in getGitRoot
cwd=str(p)).decode(‘utf-8’):
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 336, in check_output
**kwargs).stdout
File “C:\Program Files\PsychoPy3\lib\subprocess.py”, line 418, in run
output=stdout, stderr=stderr)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘[‘git’, ‘branch’, ‘–show-current’]’ returned non-zero exit status 128.

PsychoPy version: 2021.1.0

This experiment is a version of another that has worked perfectly on Pavlovia and the modification I applied shouldn’t cause this error (at least I think so…) :frowning:

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Kriszti

1 Like

I wonder if it is related to the new version as mentioned here: Problems with syncing and uploading Psychopy experiments to Pavlovia after update to 2021.1.0 I finally reinstalled the 2020.1.3. version, and syncing works fine again, so it seems to be a version-related issue!

Yes, this has been brought up already and will be fixed in 2021.1.1

2 Likes

Thank you, Jon.
Is there an estimate date for the release of the 2021.1.1 version?