Sound rendering quality

OS Windows 10 Pro
PsychoPy version Latest

I have generated some stimuli and put them together into a single .wav file. The file is 451.38 seconds long (~7 1/2 minutes). When playing the sound file on the default media player on Windows, the sound is produced normally. However, when the sound is played out through PsychoPy, it is noticeably sped up and at a higher pitch than the original sound. I have tried adjusting the audio settings within PsychoPy but nothing has yielded a positive result and the sound continues to play in an augmented manner. This problem is NOT present if I use the latest PsychoPy version on a Mac. However, because of some other technology incorporated into my experiment, I am forced to use Windows. Any ideas about a possible solution? Happy to provide additional information if needed.

I found the solution.

The sound stimulus was set to “repeat every trial”. There are no loops in this experiment. When changing the sound stimulus to “constant”, the sound was rendered normally. This is strange as I cannot replicate this phenomena on Mac OS.

This particular solution is an issue as other experiments’ sounds are warped but require that sounds be set at “repeat every trial”. Again, this issue is not present when running PsychoPy on Mac OS Monterey 12.4 with the latest version of PsychoPy. Any ideas as to why this is happening and what a potential solution is? I am using a Dell XPS 13 9310 but have experience the exact issue on other devices. The easiest solution would be to use a Mac; however, I am interfacing with an FMRI scanner and the system that is currently in place at the scanner does not support the use of MacOS.

Try adding a static region before the sound (still inside the loop in the same or a previous routine) and then set the sound during the static region instead of each repeat.