Slider granularity and marker issues

URL of experiment: FYP [PsychoPy]

Description of the problem:
Hopefully a simple fix. The slider component of this experiment has granularity set to “1” in PsychoPy, but when pushing to Pavlovia, it allows clicks to be made anywhere along the slider line. It does only record as though granularity “1” was set.

Additionally, the red circle marker only appears if you click dead centre of the 3rd option, does it require additional JS code to display as it would in PsychoPy?

Best wishes

What version of PsychoPy are you using? I recall this being an issue in an older release but it should be ok in the newest version (2021.2.3)

Thanks,
Becca

Hi Becca,

I have the same issue on 2021.2.3, except only when I push the study online. I have radio and slider components which participants can click on. Both are functional online, except no marker colour shows up for the radio components, and the marker only shows up on the sliders if I start in the middle. I’m quite new to PsychoPy so it’s possible I’ve missed something simple, but I’ve tried running the study on different browsers and emptying the cache without any joy. Would really appreciate your input!

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Becca,

I didn’t realize this had been replied to!

But as with Richard, I am running 2021.2.3 and the issues only become apparent once it’s been pushed to Pavlovia.

I found a solution that works for both my radio and slider components here:

Seems you can only drag the slider if you start at the middle, but the reason the colour clicks weren’t showing up (despite working) is that the routine was ending on the click (i.e. before the marker showed up). The code in the post above solved the issue for me so I hope it does for you too! Now I just need to figure out how to allow dragging from any position on the slider…