PsychoPy3 error (Mac HighSierra ver. 10.13.6)

That’s good to hear, although I’d still like to work out why the main app bundle doesn’t run for some people when it works fine for me. :worried: I don’t really know how to proceed with that problem until I can get access to a machine where it doesn’t work!

Nor can I from this info. Can you send me the url (or user/project name) so we can investigate?

This is because the local project is still pointing to the original location, even though you’ve deleted that. PsychoPy is detecting that and trying to recreate the remote for you. When you delete the project remotely, you’ll also need to go and delete the local git files for the project:

1. Open terminal
  2. cd to the root location of the project (when you’re there a folder called .git will be there, but this is not normally visible to Finder)
  3. type sudo rm -R .git to get rid of the local project
  4. Now in PsychoPy if you try to sync that experiment again you should be prompted to create a new project.

This is a syncing problem that we’ll need to work on.

The warnings about callOnFlip are not your main problem. These are letting you know that we aren’t doing anything to detect when a screen refresh occurs. Essentially that means that keyboard response times are not going to be as good online as in the python-based local experiment, but you probably knew that already.

I completely understand. I’d gladly give mine to you but I think Italy (where I live) it’s a little bit out Notthingham. :smile:

Yes. User: Valerio Cori; Project: intermediate-irony. I should warn you that cause of the syncing problem I wasn’t able to pull the html so it I think it’s useless now. I’ve also realized that the experiment is not working even in the local machine now (I will post the details in another thread) so I think this problem doesn’t have the maximum priority right now.

That solved the problem. Thank you so much!

Ok. I’ll wait, no problem.

Ok no problem then!

Thank you very much again Jon!

Hello,

I am getting this same error message. I just installed the most recent version of PsychoPy and the down load was successful. I am attempting to run it on mac os high sierra. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @pvfusella ,

unfortunately, the latest version of Py3 didn’t solve this issue. You can only start it via Terminal. Right click on PsychoPy3 in the App folder–> Show content—>Contents—>MacOS—>PsychoPy3. It’s a little annoying for the moment, but it should be just a matter of time (I hope).

UPDATE:
The latest version of Py3 ( 3.0.0b10) solved the problem.
Well done!!

the latest version of Py3 still can’t solve my problem.:sweat:

Sad to hear that. I think it would be best to open another thread in this forum with more detail in order to help Py3 developers understanding the situation.

thanks! :relaxed:

Thank you so much for this - this solved the error for me. Phew!!

I had the exact same problem and this also solved it. And it was because I deleted my Pavlovia account. I’m still having issues to connect but that’s another story.