"PsychoPy Error" ?!

OS MacOs Mojave 10.14.4
PsychoPy version 3
Standard Standalone? (y/n) Y
What are you trying to achieve?: opening a program

What did you try to make it work?: I just opened a program. when I got the error message I opened the console:

What specifically went wrong when you tried that?:
I tried closing and restarting PsychoPy, and restarting the computer, but the error remained. The program was working fine yesterday. One thing I did today was to open PsychoPy2 by mistake - I wanted PsychoPy3 (I keep the 2 version for compatibility reasons). I then closed version 2, opened version 3 and got that error.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Hi @seredes,

I am currently facing a somehow similar error/issue. I am working with PsychoPy 3.10 on Windows 10 (64 Bit). I was able to open my PsychoPy projects this morning. After a while, I had to shut down the computer and restarted it. Since the restart, I am not able to open any project or at least the app itself. It always ends with the following error message (which was actually quite hard to screenshot because the window automatically closes after 0.5 sec):

I have already de- and reinstalled PsychoPy but without any success. :frowning:

I’m getting the same error as @Fabian . It looks like a server is down. I also can’t log into the pavlovia website.

If you’re wanting to get on with working locally for now, you can turn your internet connection off while you launch psychopy, which will skip the GitLab authentication step. Once psychopy is running you can keep using it with your internet turned back on, but you won’t be able to sync to the pavlovia website.

1 Like

Masterpiece!
Thanks for this little workaround. :slight_smile: